IMS S1-S3 Unit carriers for narrow-gauge vehicles
Fluid anti-icing in winter maintenance operations for preventative purposes is no longer a subject of discussion but has been put into practice - particularly effective with dry or slightly humid conditions and temperatures down to -6° - and can be combined with significantly reduced consumption of spreading materials. Compared with pre-wetted salt spreading, the residue of salt left on the road surface is much higher. The liquid - applied at a very low dosage - adheres firmly to the ground thereby reducing the number of re-application trips.
FullWet®: the spreader for narrow-gauge vehicles
The FullWet® spreading machine is also perfectly suitable for the very expensive ice control chemicals applied on airfields. The sophisticated and highly professional Boschung technology combined with the Vpad enables a very precise and speed-related dosage.
The central, mechanically adjustable spray block is fitted with several switchable fan nozzles, which are automatically engaged or disengaged when required, to achieve the set dosage at the current vehicle speed.
Thanks to the electrical adjustment, the setting of spreading width is even easier, from 1.5m to 3m, in 0.25m steps. Automatic lifting and lowering of the central spray block during driving results in exact spreading widths – controlled by the Vpad and dependent on the flow rate / vehicle speed and spreading setting.
Tailor-made equipment such as further fan nozzles on the left and right, hose reels etc. are possible..
Types of mount
- Basic fising via sturdy frame to lorry platform:
Selection of tank capacities: 1,400 – 2,000 l or based on carrier vehicle
- In combination with summer maintenance equipment
Hydraulics / drives
- Hydraulic components in block design
- Integrated pressure control valve, 250 bar
- Hydraulic pressure filter option for added reliability
- Fast-switching proportional valves per existing control circuit
- Manual EMERGENCY control for each control circuit
- Maintenance-free direct drive
- Special Zn/Ni anti-corrosion coating of screwed hydraulic fittings and hose fittings.
Electronics, Electrics and Vpad
Electronic components from Boschung are certified to the EMC directive for power-driven vehicles and to rule no. 10 of the United Nations Economic Commission (ECE-R10) - use in road service is permitted!
Control systems by KW basically work with speed-dependent control, synchronous coordination of spreading width and dosage, CAN Bus system and LED displays for switched control circuits. (See detailed Vpad description)
- Sealed switch cabinet for micro processor control unit
- All hydraulic loops are precisely controlled via memorised valve currents
- Regulated hydraulic drives via digital transmitter with immediate speed adjustment in case of deviations, automatic variance comparison of set values and actual values
- Pin board and plug-in connections, ready for optional accessories
- Cable entries via PG gland.
Please take note of our further detailed descriptions and extensive accessory range: Vpad, working spotlights, demount equipment, ThermoMAT, SDM, GPS, route guidance etc.