BORRMA-web Boschung Road & Runway Management
The software BORRMA-web collects different types of data from Ice Early Warning Systems, Fixed Automated Spray Technology systems (FAST) and vehicles with V-pad on a central database. The various types of data are shown on an interactive map.
The software BORRMA-web
The Web technology allows access to BORRMA-web from everywhere by using Internet access.
At any time the manager of winter services has access to current and historical data, to weather forecasts and to an overview of each resource, provided on a same screen and in real time.
The alarms triggered by early ice warning system are centralized and distributed. Various information on the state of the roads, the weather conditions and vehicles status give important help to support decision making and makes it possible to optimize the interventions as well as providing dynamic guidance.
Triggered actions, like sprinkling of de-icing installations, or the interventions of vehicles, are shown and allow thus allow easy and complete control.
The collected data makes it easy to create various statistics about the use of vehicles, the applied tools and, e.g in the winter period, on the salt consumption. The data can be exported in various formats for secondary processing.
The BORRMA-Web software is built in different modules. For each customer the software can be customised according to his needs. At any time the software can be adapted due to the structural changes in his organization. We offer a special service to our customers, called ‘HOSTING’. Without any important investement in software, computer hardware, maintenance and supervision, we provide information for each user's needs on BORRMA-web: road weather data as well as data collected through his fleet. The recurring costs can easily be shown for budgeting and planning.
The access to the data is carried out by Internet; the constant security of the data and high system availability are guaranteed.
Various available modules
- Positioning of the installations and vehicles on a dynamic map
- Tracking of vehicles can be displayed
- Data can be viewed in real time
The ‘Dynmap’ module is based on a dynamic map. The vehicles are displayed on the map in accordance with their most recently transmitted GPS coordinates. The distance travelled by the different vehicles can be visualized. The weather stations and the fixed automatic spray technology systems of all generations are also displayed at their locations on the dynamic map.
The basic functions of the software BORRMA-Web BASIC are:
- Mobile access
- Graphic or numerical display of the data in real time or in history.
The ‘BORRMA-Web BASIC’ module makes it possible to visualize detailed informations concerning all the stations on the GFS network. This information, along with the associated alarms automatically generated by the system, makes it possible to precisely know the state of the road sections supervised by the ice-early-warning system GFS 3000.
The main functions of the software BORRMA-Web BASIC are:
- Mobile access from a smartphone or a tablet
- Graphic or numerical posting of the values of the stations in real time
- Graphic posting of the historical data of the stations
- The activity history of the fixed automated spraying system ‘FAST/Micro FAST’
- Information and summary concerning the characteristics
The Reporting module allows the establishment of various types of reports on the use of the vehicles, the tools, etc.
The ‘Reporting’ module also allows the creation of various types of reports on the use of the vehicles, the tools and on salt consumption and to export them in various data formats:
- intervention report (roads, zones traversed, quantity of salt, time of use of the tools, etc)
- intervention list (by vehicle, center, period, etc.)
- export of the data in pdf, XML, HTML, CSV
- possibility of carrying out automatic invoicing, special creation of (statistical) reports using macros
The ‘SAM’ module allows the transmission of alarms (SMS, Pager, E-Mail). Various scenarios, time frames, etc. can be configured.
The ‘SAM’ module (Signalisation & Alarming Management) enables the user to establish individual rules and scenarios for alarms on the base of the acquired data.
The alarms are transmitted to the user in various ways, including SMS, e-mail and beeps on the PC:
- Treatment of alarms (create, remove & modify)
- simple alarm chains (easy construction)
- Complete scenario (with escalation)
- Release of alarms on SMS, E-mail, pager or in the Borrma-Web, and present windows of time
Integration and distribution of forecasting and weather alarms.
The ‘SWIS’ module allows the integration and the diffusion of bulletin weather text (format according to Boschung specifications) on the BORRMA-web application:
- Distribution of the weather warnings (alarms) (format text according to Boschung specifications) on the BORRMA-web application, with integration in the alarm chain via SAM
- The choice of the provider for the weather bulletins and warnings is free for the customer
Weather and road weather forecast. From measuring to prediction. From spot measuring to the road weather section forecast.
Starting from a specific forecast, the ‘SWA’ forecast module makes it possible to establish long-term forecasts (up to 72 hours) for a given sector. The affected highway network is divided into weather zones in which similar climatic conditions are observed. In the BORRMA-Web ‘MDSS inside’, these sections are called weather sections (SWA).
The forecast module contains the results of the Nowcast module, that forecasts long-term weather and other conditions. Innovative decision-making processes make it possible to calculate the levels of danger for each weather section for a given duration. These levels of danger are then represented in time for each section, on an interactive chart color.
This provides the person in charge of the winter maintenance service with an effective tool allowing him to manage the interventions, to plan the availability of the team and the vehicles over a longer period.
The operating system “BOS" (Boschung Operating System) allows a status of maximum availability. It integrates LINUX and KVM and offers the following advantages to the client: