Drive "D" Diesel engine drive
Fully functional, low-maintenance drive unit, fitted onto a demountable frame
Type "D" – Diesel engine drive
- fully functional, low-maintenance drive unit, fitted onto a demountable frame
- compact and easily accessible
- low-emission – low-noise tested noise emissions to German DIN:
- surface “A” sound pressure level: 70.0 DB
- surface “A” sound power level: 98.0 dB
- water-cooled, 3-cylinder Kubota Diesel engine
- power: 18.5 kW at 3000 min-1
- smooth performance, additionally supported by vibration absorbers
- sturdy die-cast and completely painted engine block
- increased power density due to ducted / external fresh-air intake
- plastic fuel tank of approx. 45 litres capacity
- extremely economic with a fuel consumption of approx. 3-4 LPH
- primary fuel filter in fuel pipe
- monitored cylinder-head temperature with safety switch for automatic cut-off
- centrifugal drive clutch to provide best torque under extreme load
- dip-painted anti-corrosive heat exchanger with thermostatic control (radiator made of brass)
- engine-decoupled radiator, supported by separate vibration absorbers
- low maintenance, easy access
- start-stop device in driver’s cab
- emergency start / emergency preheating device placed on engine
- oil-pressure and charge-rate monitoring in driver’s cab
- 1.4-kW electric starting system with starter
- 12-V / 40-A generator
- 12-V / 55-Ah battery in protective box
- battery main-switch
- electric cutoff solenoid
- additionally sealed engine switch case
- 2-step engine speed adjustment for idle and rated speed via solenoid
- ecological engine control with power-based speed control
- gear wheel pump (14cm3) for maintenance-free direct drive, flanged on crankshaft
- 250-bar pressure limiting valve
- capacity of hydraulic oil reservoir: approx. 40 l, plastic reservoir
- hydraulic oil pressure and temperature indicator on reservoir
- regular hydraulic oil fillings HLP 32 mineral oil
- “Bio” organic vegetable oil (Plantohyd 40N)
“Bio” organic diester oil (Plantosyn 3268 ECO)
Additional control unit
- additional gear wheel pump (5.5cm3) for hydraulic oil supply of snowplough equipment, incl. return flow filter
- remote control from driver’s cab
- programmable power electronics with LED display of connected outputs
- control block with directional valves for lifting/lowering and swivelling to the left/right, with manual emergency controls
- one-way restrictor for each lifting speed and lowering speed
- 150-bar pressure control valve
- jolt valve to protect swivel cylinders from lateral bumps
- hydraulic pipes with plug connectors on engine support
- Screwed connections
- Vehicle hydraulic installation kit for connection between vehicle plate and spreader/gritter
Snowplough relief option
- Proportional valve control for plough relief from 0 – 100%, adjustable from driver’s cab
- Reduces noise and fuel consumption as well as wear an tear of scraper blades/strips
Fuel consumption essentially depends on:
- the quality of the engine
- the engine speed and the total performance which is necessary to compensate the decrease in performance caused by the consumers. The higher the engine speed and decrease in performance, the higher the fuel consumption.
After starting, the nominal speed of the engine is fixed so that no further influence on the engine consumption is possible.
Two-stage speed adjustment
- When starting the diesel engine and in sheer snowplough operation (option), the engine runs with a slightly increased rpm. Only once the spreader has been switched ON, the nominal speed is set via the engine stroke magnet.
- Thus life expectance of the engine is increased because it is possible to “warm up” the engine.
- Dependent on the main area of operation savings in fuel of up to 15% are possible.
Eco engine control
- Automatic and performance-dependent control of engine rpm. Vpad (as from SN) calculates the necessary performance decrease taking all operational parameters into account. With rpm variance comparison via sensor. The progressive acceleration is realised by means of a linear drive. The engine thus always works within the best field of performance, without any power dissipation.
- Fuel economy: up to 50%
- radical reduction of exhaust-gas and noise emissions
- maximum engine life expectancy
"D" drive engine option
A protective cover, which is fitted in front of the radiator, protects the cooling fins and the battery case from spreading materials when spreading media hopper is loaded.
During the loading procedure often some of the material is spilled beside the hopper, especially when a wheel-mounted shovel loader is used; the protective cover will then guide the material away from sensitive engine parts.
Dependent on local conditions it might be wise to transfer the filling connection of the fuel reservoir to the outside.
The station has been fitted with a suitable stand/climbing aid; thus it is not necessary to lower the side gate of the lorry when filling the reservoir.
Fuel reservoir at rear
The fuel reservoir is fitted on the stand of the safety ladder. When filling the fuel reservoir, the safety ladder is used.
Other stands / ladders are not necessary for filling!